In this 2-hour interactive training, participants will learn some basic facts about abortion, explore their own values around pregnancy and abortion care, and examine the complex reasons why people might choose to continue or end a pregnancy. This training is a good introduction for people who are new to learning about abortion care or who want a refresher on abortion basics.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- articulate their own comfort level/values around abortion,
- explain at least 3 basic facts about abortion, and
- identify at least 3 factors that might go into a person’s decision about whether to continue or end a pregnancy.
- Values Clarification: Participants will independently complete a survey about their views and values around abortion and will process the aggregate data as a whole group.
- Mythbusting: The trainer will go over some typical misconceptions about abortion and share relevant facts and statistics.
- Reasons Why: Participants will brainstorm reasons why people have sex, use contraception, don’t use contraception, continue pregnancies, and end pregnancies.