This online workshop guides supervisors and leaders within healthcare and social service organizations on how to develop and implement policies and procedures that support referrals to stigmatized services, including abortion. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about managing change, practice reviewing and critiquing policies, and will develop a plan for creating or updating referral policies and procedures at their organizations.
People who supervise and/or develop organizational policies, protocols and documentation, particularly those who work in the following systems of care:
- Domestic violence and sexual assault services
- HIV/AIDS service organizations
- Behavioral health agencies
- Substance use treatment services
- Primary care, community-based heath centers and hospitals
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- understand the difference between policies, standards and procedures;
- have practiced reviewing policies for clarity and strength;
- be able to identify at least one strength, opportunity, weakness and threat to implementing a referral policy and procedure in their workplace;
- have completed a brainstorming document to support them in the development and implementation of their own referrals policy;
- have learned a three-part framework for organizational change and transition; and
- have learned the seven basic steps leaders can take in managing transition.