This webinar explores ways stigma appears in the patient – provider interaction, what clients are really looking for from their providers, and strategies to combat stigma in the workplace.
Anyone who works directly with clients and patients and makes referrals including, but not limited to:
- Social workers
- Case workers
- Peer support specialists
- Hotline volunteers
- Behavioral health professionals
- People who work in the following systems of care; domestic violence and sexual assault support services, substance use treatment, HIV/AIDS service organizations, and primary care
By the end of this training, participants will:
- be able to define stigma;
- be able to identify how stigma can show up in the workplace on multiple levels; and
- have learned strategies for changing behaviors that can perpetuate stigma, particularly toward clients and patients.