AbortionFinder.org features the most comprehensive directory of trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the United States. Created to provide clear, up-to-date information about the availability of abortion care across the country, Abortion Finder is operated by Bedsider, a project of Power to Decide. Use their state-by-state guide to get information about what to expect and to locate abortion support resources and assistance.
If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice: If/When/How’s mission is to transform the law and policy landscape through advocacy, support, and organizing so all people have the power to determine if, when, and how to define, create, and sustain families with dignity and to actualize sexual and reproductive wellbeing on their own terms.
- Repro Legal Defense Fund
- Repro Legal Helpline: A free, confidential source that has information about the law and self-managed abortion and connects pregnant people to lawyers if they have been investigated or arrested for having an abortion or think they may be. Visit ReproLegalHelpline.org or call (844) 868-2812.
- FAQs on Self-Managed Abortion
- Patient Confidentiality and Self-Managed Abortion: A Guide to Protecting Your Patients and Yourself
- Judicial Bypass Wikipedia: This tool helps young people all over the country understand how to access abortion care in their state. The goal is to make legal information more accessible to young people and their supporters and advocates, and to connect the many networks and resources across the country that exist to support young people accessing abortion care.
Pregnancy Justice (formerly National Advocates for Pregnant Women) is a nonprofit organization that works to secure the human and civil rights, health, and welfare of all people, focusing particularly on pregnant and parenting people, and those who are most likely to be targeted for state control and punishment—people of color, those with low-income, and those who use drugs.
- Confronting Pregnancy Criminalization: A Practical Guide for Healthcare Providers, Lawyers, Medical Examiners, Child Welfare Workers, and Policymakers
- The first comprehensive analysis of personhood laws for post-Roe America shows how many ways they can upend, undermine, and disempower pregnant people.
- Analysis of the 38 fetal homicide laws and the ways they could be deployed to not only criminalize pregnant people, but also providers of abortion care.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is the only global legal advocacy organization dedicated to advancing reproductive rights. They address issues that protect and advance reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity as basic human rights.
- After Roe Fell: Abortion Laws by State: Examines laws, constitutions, and court decisions on abortion—and assigns each state, territory, and the District of Columbia to one of five categories: Expanded Access, Protected, Not Protected, Hostile, and Illegal. This tool is updated in real time, as needed.