This webinar will describe the potential consequences to clients and patients when they don’t get the referrals they need for abortion care, and will equip healthcare and social service providers with specific tools they can use to make quality referrals.
Anyone who works directly with clients and patients and makes referrals including, but not limited to:
- Social workers
- Case workers
- Peer support specialists
- Hotline volunteers
- Behavioral health professionals
- People who work in the following systems of care: domestic violence and sexual assault support services, substance use treatment, HIV/AIDS service organizations, and primary care
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- have learned who needs referrals for abortion and why;
- be able to describe the potential consequences of denying referrals for abortion care or providing inappropriate referrals;
- understand the impact of a referral to a crisis pregnancy center;
- understand the impact on patients over a span of time when they do not receive abortion services;
- have learned how to use Provide’s online referrals tool and pregnancy options toolkit to make abortion referrals; and
- feel confident that they know how to use tools to make quality referrals for abortion care.