This interactive workshop discusses the impact on clients and patients when they don’t get the referrals they need for abortion care, and will equip healthcare and social service providers with specific tools they can use to make quality referrals.
Anyone who works directly with clients and patients and makes referrals including, but not limited to:
- Social workers
- Case workers
- Peer support specialists
- Hotline volunteers
- Behavioral health professionals
- People who work in the following systems of care: domestic violence and sexual assault support services, substance use treatment, HIV/AIDS service organizations, and primary care
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- have learned who needs referrals for abortion and why;
- know the potential consequences of denying referrals for abortion care or providing inappropriate referrals;
- understand the impact of referrals to crisis pregnancy centers;
- understand the impact on patients over a span of time when they do not receive abortion services; and
- have learned how to use Provide’s Abortion Referrals Tool and Pregnancy Referrals Toolkit to make quality abortion referrals.